Back to my regular schedule, back to my groove. Back to searching for the blog. Just writing is enormously helpful, and I need to remember to not try to put my writing in a box--blog here, dream things here, etc. Let things bleed into each other.
Today I woke up feeling like I hadn't slept as well as I would have liked. I haven't been sleeping well the past few days. I fall asleep fine, but I either wake up several times during the night, or I wake up quite early and cannot get back to sleep (partly because I am so excited by my life right now). Maybe it'll help being back to my regular schedule.That felt really good this morning. Getting up, showering, turning on the music equipment, working until I got hungry, ate, went back to work until I felt like stopping. I left the Brazilian radio on while I was working, so any silence was filled with Portuguese. I liked that. And my apartment is coming together nicely. Keeping on with Café Brasil is awesome.
An image I noticed the other day: a young Latin American man making slow, wide circles in the crowded street on a bicycle.
Just keep going. The other night at Snowballs was ecstatic. Ecstasy, frenetic ecstasy is something I am very interested in expressing musically. Music that brings me, first of all, to that rainbow place, and that can bring others there. Music that acts as a vehicle, a reliable vehicle, to transport listeners to that place. Being brought, á la that quote from Tolstoy. Como transportar? Isso é a questão? I want to extend my listening, and find more musics that transport. The more I listen, and the more widely I listen, the better my taste becomes.
I try to have Portuguese input, either through ears or eyes, as much as possible. So if I feel like listening to music that is not in Portuguese, which is important to me, then I will try to read some Portuguese, do SRS, etc.
No comments:
Post a Comment