Thursday, January 10, 2013

Here we are. The key is sustaining. Now i have more tools that i can use to keep sustaining, especially when i don't feel like doing the work anymore. Small, frequent sessions of work. I've been noticing in myself a greater willingness to try things, instead of getting stuck in analysis paralysis. The more you try, the more you get it right. Cream comes from milk. I've noticed in my music work and my work with James, and with speaking to new people, including girls. I am enjoying this way of going about things, because more things end up getting done, and i don't feel as tyrannized by my analytical side.

Also it's interesting what James and I were talking about that evening, about the interesting effects of installing a new language within oneself. He noticed that after he had been reading Spanish for a good stretch, when he looked at the world he had a glimpse of things in themselves, without the tyrannical automatic labeling in English. For a brief time, the bottle of wine could just exist, because the two languages sort of cancelled each other out. Very interesting.

No comments:

Post a Comment