As expected, the goal of just doing one becomes very important on those days, in those hours, in those periods when you don't feel like getting any work done, but the fact that you're not getting any work done makes you feel worse and inhibits you from enjoying the rest. I have been in that vicious circle many times. But now now it's shifting--I've made things easier for itself which, counterintuitively for me, makes me more productive. Just keep starting, that is all you can do, even when you don't feel like doing anything.
And it's funny. I feel like part of procrastination is misuse of our imagining faculties. When I am faced with a task, I get stressed out because I start to think: "How am I going to finish? How am I even going to accomplish? What's my plan? What if it's a waste of time?" Then I just end up not doing anything. But all of that thinking is taking on too much responsibility. It's not the job of my imagining faculty. All I need to do is start, set myself up, and a lot of things can happen of their own.
No comments:
Post a Comment