Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Here we are. We are boiling water. We are sustaining. My mind is slowly but surely changing. Time really is a fascinating thing. Deceptive, but also almost absurdly simple. The dance between the human mind and time is fascinating.

Earlier I was thinking about that Ken Wilber passage about "self objects" or whatever he called them. And the idea in Boss that our physical location is only one, limited dimension of who we are and "where" we are at any given point in time. It's a big idea, but one that really stimulates me, so I'd like to try hacking away at it.

One of the many things I like about learning a language, as I've mentioned before, is that it helps me introduce learning into more gaps in my day. Even when I am feeling lazy, I can put on a TV show in Portuguese, and I am learning. This is more difficult to do with other forms of learning, like reading. It makes me happier in general to know that so much of time is being used productively, even when I am feeling lazy.

No comments:

Post a Comment